About Hertford Writers' Circle
The launch of our most recent anthology, Encounters, on a snowy evening in December 2010, held at Courtyard Arts in Hertford
Attending a writers’ group is a good way of meeting fellow writers and sharing the ups and downs, and the successes and setbacks involved in writing and in reaching a readership. New members are always welcome and there are no criteria for joining us.
“Great oaks from small acorns grow… That is why writers’ circles, the seed beds of the acorns, are so vitally important… Each new bestselling author started somewhere, practised somewhere and succeeded locally before achieving the lucky break.”
Frederick Forsyth, Former Patron, Hertford Writers’ Circle
|The launch of our second anthology Reflections… in December 2007. Ken Boyter reading from his story at the launch, held at the Books @Hertford bookshop.|
What we do
Our meetings are informal: we hear each others’ news and learn about items of interest such as competitions and publishing opportunities. Members can bring pieces of work to read out, to which the rest of the group will offer constructive feedback.
More than anything, we belong to the Writers’ Circle to learn from each other and provide mutual support and encouragement.
We meet monthly (apart from August) on a Wednesday evening. Our meetings are held at 8.00pm, upstairs at:
The White Horse, Castle Street, Hertford, SG14 1HH, where there is street parking
|Rik Wilkinson reading one of his poems from Reflections…|
Meetings dates 2013
- Wednesday 16th January 2013
- Wednesday 13th February 2013
- Wednesday 13th March 2013
- Wednesday 17th April 2013
- Wednesday 15th May 2013
- Wednesday 19th June 2013
- Wednesday 17th July 2013
- no meeting in August
- Wednesday 18th September 2013
- Wednesday 16th October 2013
- Wednesday 13th November 2013
- Wednesday 11th December 2013 - note this will be held at Couryard Arts www.courtyardarts.org.uk, off the bottom of Port Hill, as it's the launch party for our New Collection - Four Rivers and a Castle. Come along and join in the celebration!